Subject: [Leica] Your best Vs most viewed
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:10:37 -0500

Douglas,

My current LUG gallery has been around since November of 2004, a little less
than six years.  My most frequently viewed images date from November and
December of 2004, so time in place gives them an advantage.  However, they
are quite different images.

Coming in first, with 479 views since posted in Dec 2004 is a Restored 1932
Great Lakes Biplane.  It has been helped by a couple of external links to
other groups.  I am convinced that there are other airplane lovers on the
LUG besides myself, because it gathered a lot of views early on.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/GreatLakes.jpg.html

The second-most viewed image in my gallery is quite different.  It is a bar
graph showing the results of a LUG Age Distribution Survey, initiated by
another LUG member, which I compiled.  It was posted November 14, 2004, and
has had 367 views.  To the best of my knowledge, it has not been linked
outside the LUG.  Perhaps we are just overcome with curiosity about
ourselves.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Lug.gif.html

I feel that my more recent work since going digital is probably better than
the airplane photo, but time in place is hard to overcome.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA