Subject: [Leica] Anyone using Drobo
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:33:01 -0400

I started getting some scary glitches with a triple interphase 1t WD My Book
which had my current body of work in it from the past few years and went to
B&H and got another 1t usb 99 dollar one to use a a back up. I was nervous
that the act of "writing" all the into into the other drive my drive might
not be up for and I'd be SOFL. It took seven hours last month to transfer
500 gigs of pix into it and afterwards I decided to just use the new USB one
and not the older FireWire 800 with the special cable which might be messing
up. Turns out I can't tell the difference and my system seems much happier.
I work off a one year old Macbook pro.
So its always what you don't think.
But dumping your 1t hard disk into a 2t hard disk when the time comes next
time does not seem so hard to me. The trick is to not wait so long to do it.
Do we really need a box with an interface to so this seemingly simple stuff
for 500 bucks?

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com