Subject: [Leica] Only a MacBook Pro (or any laptop) was: Anyone using Drobo
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:38:13 -0700

John:

Right now we added my new 1Phone 4 to our Apple mix for our contracting
business (Landscape Construction), which included an late model iMac for the
office and my recent MacBook Pro.

I sometimes take the Pro to job sites or on new project meeting to show
photos or drawings.  Since I can't always get a WiFi signal, the iPhone
fills in gaps with 3G and it's very adequate 5mp camera (be happy with 4x6
prints and forget so-called digital zoom...).

I sync the iPhone 4 and Pro daily - nothing to it.  Allows me to process
iPhone photos in iPhoto or Aperture or pop them into Keynote or Power Point
for presentations.  As well, The Pro gets backed up on our Time Machine a
couple times a day, including stuff off of the iPhone synched to the iMac.

And we absolutely bought Apple Care.  They are very diplomatic when it's my
fault, and quick to give useful suggestions for "best practices" in future.

We've had the Time Machine for a Year but have never had to retrieve data.
From time to time I'll go back and open a volume, just to see it it's there,
and it is.

Scanned photos from my R8/9 or digicams really pop on the Pro's screen.  I
bought the 15" because it fits on my lap in my pickup truck and doesn't take
up much room in meetings.  And of course you can actually open it up in
Coach class and see the screen.

Just some ideas about one guy's use of the MacBook Pro.

Bob Shaw
rsphotoimages at comcast.net