Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Lovers at the edge
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:18:26 -0500

Thanks for taking the time to both look and comment at some length Kyle.

I find it interesting that I have no conscious awareness of "rule of
thirdsing."

Personally I enjoy the blending of the couple into the environment in the
B&W;
including their blending into each other.

Definitely wanted the couple in the environment and not framed alone with
the sea.
The field of blue works well for my eye; doesn't seem at all like an "odd
empty pocket" to me.

I believe these two photographs each suggest different stories to different
viewers;
depending on the viewer's experiences;
which was where my head was at when I worked with the post (words and
images) on 9/11
(and I'm not sure either photograph "wants to tell [a specific] story").

as far as the "tiny dots in the world" here's another variation
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/imagist/visualize/alternatives/L1006298.jpg.html>
which I see as less strong and compelling than the square.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com