Subject: [Leica] 4:3 on assignment (was: Re: OT: E5 - Chilling, and filtered (hopefully)...)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:02:01 -0400

And I do think more than a few pro's have micro 4/3s at the bottom of their
camera bag like in the old days we'd have a Rollei 35 or Contax t Great for
when we need to not look like pro's or just to save our rear ends when we
have no real backup. And sure Kyle I've seen your Ipod crazy glued to your
tripod its great fun.  If they were making billboards that would not be the
occasion to do that.

Its just the non micro 4/3's (E5) they've got lined up right next to a
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/OlympusE5/
D300s and say they are competing on the Dpreview and act as if they're
competitive but they are not competitive on the pro market.
As no pro is going to use an E5 over a D300s - the same size body.
Or Canon EOS 50D.
http://a.img-dpreview.com/previews/OlympusE5/images/sidebyside.jpg

And its not that the E5 2x crop is so bad.
It's that the 1.5 crop systems are so good.
On a body the same size.

When I use a smaller format camera I expect the body to be smaller.
Or what's the point?
More on a roll?

Mark William Rabiner
Photography