Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 02:55:34 -0400

Well I printed plenty of shows and portfolios 11x14 or 8x10 inches from my
early work till one gallery wanted 16x20's and then the next wanted 20x24's
and I did one display job with enough left over paper to print some of my
best work 40x60..
- you can think you are standardized on a certain magnification but one day
you find yourself going to a higher one; and wishing you'd used
1. Higher shudder speeds.
2. A tripod maybe
3. Slower film
4. Larger format.
As your stuff is not standing up in your latest bigger show, portfolio or
printing effort and certain shots you find you just can't use at all once
you see what they look like at this size. So your show consist of not your
best work but your work which looks good at the larger mags.

So the idea of casually just using and unnecessarily smaller format becomes
more real.. As to its dumbness.

And I don't really think most people on this list are even standardized at
8x10 or 11x14 but very small jpeg uploads. So you could be shooting with a
credit card camera and its all academic as to which system format you're
using. Output requirements are likely to remain rock bottom minimal.
I'd recommend trading your DSLRS in for Dlux's.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com