Subject: [Leica] IMG: It's Full of Stars
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:04:28 -0500 (CDT)

< http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DHM/FullOfStars.jpg.html >

>Not a bad idea at all Morton.

>Followed by hard ass critique:

>Your example has the look of an ophthalmological study;
>rather than a "portrait."
><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akQCYur1mzk>
Maybe not a portrait, but wow, I like the "stars" in conjunction with the
fabulous iris patterns.  It does make me think of 2001.
I happened to get a similar self-portrait June 16, when testing my new
camera:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Portraits/EyeBall_AMR_LX3_067.jpg.html>

but it's not COSMIC, with the stars and swirls.

That youtube link reminds me of the time when I was seven, and my father
took me to one of his classes at the Chicago College of Optometry (we lived
across the street) and I was grossed out by an instructional film of the
dissection of a fish eye.  For some reason, the cow's eyeball in a jar of
formeldehyde that he kept in our apartment didn't seem to bother me. (!)

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu

Wow! You've got great patterns in your iris.

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: It's Full of Stars)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] IMG: It's Full of Stars)