Subject: [Leica] NO R solution @ Photokina
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 19:59:09 -0400

You keep good notes Hoppy you're a main source in this list for as I see it:
Leica reality.

In the reality area I do think there's a big difference between the camera
guru's who have their act together enough to be fed secrets and keep them.
And the guys who make stuff up and keep it a secret which part of their
imagination they got it from. Then call it "rumors" which in internet
parlance get elevated from a traditional bad thing your second grade teacher
warns you about to an exalted center of internet attention.

I took notes of Dr. Andreas Kaufmann's addresses in Rochester and Wetzlar.
Who can read them? I sure can't! So I'd generally not bother looking at them
again.  I put them under my pillow at night and hope for the best.
Digital audio recorders could have changed my academic life. I have one
right here. It's recording my wishes and dreams as I type.

In a characteristically brilliant move Leicas MFT camera was the supersonic
X1; as an MFT camera with a 1.5 crop sensor instead of a 2x. And a
viewfinder. A pocket camera by any other name.
Big pictures small negatives; just like the S system which is a 1x camera
system with a .7 crop (or close) sensor.
Big pictures small negatives.
Small negatives which are bigger than the other camera companies small
negatives.
Big pictures small cameras might have been more to the point.

MFT did not as could be assumed stand for Medium Format Transformer.
But Micro Four Thirds -  In a couple of years the camera which go in our
pockets will be a 1x crop circle (FF!?!?!) in time for stocking stuffing in
the year 2012.

I'm looking forward to the first medium format rangefinder digital cameras.
But I'm wanting it so much I'm going to declare that its a rumor; and I've
got the frequency. And wont say what that frequency is even if your name is
Kenneth.
It used to be called "creative visualization."
Not its called manic clamoring for pipe dreams.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] NO R solution @ Photokina)