Subject: [Leica] SD card malfunction
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 05:41:14 -0700

Thanks to everyone who took the trouble to comment. The suggestions covered
a variety of alternatives.
Since the 4GB SDHC card seemed to be destined for the next neighborhood
e-waste collection anyway I decided to check it out in the computer instead
of the camera. After formatting it as a FAT 32 I copied a few images to the
card; they could be read and displayed without any problem. Next I formatted
the 4GB card in the M8 without any problem and made a test image which
displayed correctly.
I took the resuscitated 4GB card out of the M8 and put it aside, never to be
used again by me.
Oliver

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] SD card malfunction)