Subject: [Leica] DR contrast
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:47:26 -0400

I love my DR and my Rigid Chrome Summicrons. The DR is the lens I will
own if all the others were to have to go away.

I think much of the "softness" lore these days may have to do with the
state of the particular sample of lens itself. Many have some very
significant coating marks and fogging is not uncommon either.

I agree though, that the lenses perform fantastically. On the M8 they
are incredible.

Phil Forrest