Subject: [Leica] Some pics -> Chris Saganich
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:45:21 -0400

Ah yes XTol.  They look good probably replenished
Xtol something I want to try, after the FX1
perhaps.  I like experimenting with photo
chemistry and have what looks like a chemical lab
in my office these days.  Good thing I work in
building full of laboratories as it looks normal
as opposed to if I was a mortgage broker or some
such thing.  They would probably call the cops on
me for cooking crank.  Xtol is perfered by large
labs because it is self replenishing.  Some
concept!!  And it lasts forever and gets better
with age as all the iodine ions come into some
equilibrium after 10 or so rolls which boosts the
edge effects.  I never tried it because my
neighbor Gilles told me complete zones go
missing.  He may have been referring to the
1960's or 70's when Xtol did do funny things to
your film and then died suddenly.  Apparently
that is no longer the case according to APUG film guru's.

chs2018 at med.cornell.edu

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] Some pics -> Chris Saganich)
Message from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Some pics)
Message from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Some pics -> Chris Saganich)