Subject: [Leica] adobe photo system allows focusing after the image is taken
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 09:38:44 +0900

This lens requires a square aperture to work.  I wonder what the bokeh
will look like from that.

A few years ago, I fantasized it might one day be possible to use an
array of sensors and micro-lenses with no shutter and capture the
light over, say, a 2 second duration.  Then the photography would be
made in software.  You could select the crop, the 'shutter speed', the
focus, white balance, even the aperture shape and size.  This fleeting
fantasy occurred to me before I realized that, for me, doing
photography with software was not much fun after all.

Peter Cheyne