Subject: [Leica] Maine Monument with birds
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 01:19:39 -0400

Its certainly cropped in the sense that I shot the thing with a zoom and
shot over a dozen of them from a variety of zooms and angles. The final
choice was cropped by only about ten present. Just nicked off the edges.
Thanks for looking and commenting.
It was my first time shooting the thing and I've been back there 20 times
over four years shooting it. Never matched this first shoot with all the
birds. There have never been as many birds as the first time. I got it
filled with snow. I shot it in the dark. Every lens I'd got back there and
shot it with. Rain. No birds. Different people in the foreground. Flash. And
I've shot it with film with Rolleiflex 2.8f and Leica M and that was also in
2006.

The lens I shot this with was my 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 G AF-S Nikkor no longer
made which has stuff in the elements from shooting too close to Laterelle
falls Oregon on the way out here. Its not sealed like a 2.8 pro lens.  I
found the 85mm focal length invaluable translating 1.5x to 125mm which gets
right in there. I've decided the lack of total clarity of the elements is
not going to stop me from using the lens. I've used it often this month
having had it put to bed for a year or so.

Sculptor: Attilio Piccirilli 1901-1913 ? Italy

http://www.centralpark2000.com/database/maine_monument.html

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com