Subject: [Leica] Incredible i-pad app
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 06:02:42 -0400

In an earlier posting, Ken wrote
  "(Looking at one of my new iPad albums the other day, I thought: Will
this
> replace my printers, as they replaced my darkroom? ?Or is it some of
> each,
> some prints to frame, most in the iPad instead of a big portfolio
> box?)"

My guess is that all the devices will take countless photos with them
to the garbage dump when they are replaced and that many of our photos
will disappear forever.

Neglected negatives and forgotten printed snapshots stand a better
chance of surviving than our digital images which are stored on
ephemeral hard drives and dvds.

Some people will do better than others in preserving digital images.
How many people will keep upgrading their storage devices as technology
changes?

Doug