Subject: [Leica] Hard to walk away from the R
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:07:00 -0400

Wonderful images Doug, I would have loved an "adapter" for the R on the S:
even if it had limited the use of the sensor: after all, with the longer
tele glass, magnifying its effect would have been fine. The S is not much
bigger or heavier than the R/DMR to hold and handle, so that would have
been fine as well, and with the wider angles, you would be using all those
extra pixels.

I know the final mount technology does not allow the R to bolt to the S,
but it would have been a great solution. I'll dream on a bit longer, and
hope the batteries etc hold out ;-)

Cheers