Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Awakened by the light
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:00:14 -0700

George Lottermoser offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMGs: Awakened by the light

> When the photograph appears
> the coffee waits.
>
> I learned long ago that
> the moment is the moment.
> It will not reappear in the future.
> You cannot, later, go get the moment you missed.
> Our feelings (inspirations) about events
> are every bit as fleeting
> as the events themselves.<<<<<<<<<<

Hi George,
This quotation is really what much of our photographic success is all about!
There are some photographers who say and think, "Naw I don't have time right
now, I'll pick it up later or tomorrow!"

And surprise it's never there again as first viewed in that fleeting moment
of light!

And given light plays the most important part in the success of many
photographs, it comes down to... "see it -- shoot it!" right then! The heck
with later as it'll never be there ever again the same. Nor will the
expression, shadow, whatever the motivating moment is.

The photographer may not be as on the ball later or his mind maybe busy with
other thoughts and this changes ones reflexes when they need to be
lightening striking fast.

Basically it's... NOW or NEVER!"

If I may, can I use your quotation in a lecture I'll be giving in a week?
Thank you.
cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMGs: Awakened by the light)