Subject: [Leica] Glenwood Angel
From: wtorry at vbar.com (Wayne Torry)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:15:32 -0600

"Hi Wayne,

Only one thing to say mon ami.

"You just keep posting as you surely are on the right track!" Lots of
folks

here to help you if you think you need it.

cheers,"

Dr. ted :-)

Kyle-

"It would be tragic if people refrained from posting because they felt
their work unworthy. Showing work and hearing legitimate criticism from
peers is how we all get better. I know I've benefitted greatly from this
group. Keep posting."

Rick-

"very nice tone

the out of focus foreground foliage seems to make the textures of the
stature even creamier

i prefer the warmer tone to the colder

ric"

Lluis-

"Gorgeous images George! I really like all, fine vision. My preference

is for the image #3, a really nice composition

Saludos

Lluis"

"Very nice work, the first one is my favorite,

Saludos

Lluis"

Philippe-

"Wayne

you should never have posted them in the first place, for George is a

dear friend, and I sense he will regret the gear when seeing these

beauties.

I can't pick up a best

Keep them coming, please.

Philippe"

George-

" 'Worthy?'

Wayne you've been holding out on us

with a gallery full of fine work:

Sure glad you stepped out today.

Regards,

George Lottermoser"

Mark-

"I like

Weeping Angel 1

You got that Angel from just the right angle!

The Linhof Technika V is my dream camera.

An Alaskan Leica for sure."

Thank you one and all! I am encouraged and inspired.

Kyle,

You are absolutely correct. I will be back. Take my lumps where
necessary. Learn. Improve. Have fun for sure.

I'm torn between the straight version and the warm toned versions. Part
of me says, "It's B&W. Keep it that way." The other part says, "The warm
tone suits the subject." I will print the photo both ways and submit
them to SWMBO, the Minister of Interior Ornamentation in my household,
for the final verdict prior to framing and hanging.

Dr. Ted,

I will post more. I promise.

Mark,

My Technika V is a beater, not even up to KEH Ugly standards. No cams.
No grip. I still love it.

George,

Thank you. The box of HP5+ I got from you started the ball rolling.

Weeping Angel: Quite an interesting story about this piece of sculpture.
There are 3 in Texas. I have visited 2 so far. The one at Glenwood and a
second near Marshall both suffered the loss of the left hand to vandals.
I was quite surprised recently to see that the hand had been replaced. I
am thankful that I have photos of her "before & after." I will add the
other two to my "collection" as soon as possible.

Kodachrome News:

I picked up 2 rolls of Kodachrome 64 from Walmart yesterday. I bought
the film from a member of this forum a few years ago. I am happy to
report that the film, expired January 1990, is in perfect working order.
I shall thaw the remaining 10-15 rolls I have kept in the freezer and
use them before the December 31, 2010 deadline. I'm excited! A 3 Month
Project for the M5 and various old lenses.

Thanks once again for the kind words. I won't be a lurker.

Cheers!

Wayne