Subject: [Leica] "If you can see it... you can shot it", Dr. Ted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 16:17:32 -0700

Lluis mon ami you are too kind! :-)

Subject: [Leica] "If you can see it... you can shoot it", Dr. Ted
> Here are some pictures of the Fire Works of Sitges, a few ones of my
> familly was shot at really poor light, just using the light of the  fires,
> Dr. Ted is - of course - always right! <<<<<<<<

Let me assure you Lluis, there are photo editors who have a completely
different opinion! :-) :-)
>>Dr. Ted is - of course - always right!<<<<  :-)

In this kind of light one should nearly always approach it,  "Nothing
ventured, nothing gained!"
In other words if you can see it and you like what you see, at least try it.
One shouldn't say.. "Oh no it's too dark it wont turn out!" The best way is
still... "if you can see it, you can shoot it!" And given the electronic
manipulations we can do these days one should never say... "Not enough light
even if I can see it!" That's just being a chicken! :-)
Heck go for it, what have you got to lose? With digital? NOTHING!

A couple of these would be better if you made them slightly lighter 7378
with the profile would be stronger. And that light in the background takes
your eyes away from concentrating on the profile. I know at night and very
little light it's difficult picking up those background lights under these
conditions.

But that light in the back ground directly inline with the forehead kills
the face because your eye locks on it and stays there making it difficult to
see the profile. But easily fixed in some manner with Photoshop I'm sure.

Still a good effort at a dark night!
cheers,
ted