Subject: [Leica] I think Leica enthusiasts will appreciate this: “Leica Insight” Exhibition of Beijing World Art Museum
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:23:41 -0400

  I think Leica enthusiasts will appreciate this

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=89712

text:

*Photo Request for 'Leica Insight' Exhibit, Beijing, Sept/Oct 2010*
{I am posting on behalf of Youxin Ye.}

Dear RFF Members,

I have been an LHSA member and Leica RF collector for more than a
decade. Studying and servicing Leica RF cameras has been my passion. In
my frequent trips to China, I have seen a tremendous growth of interest
in Leica through the years.

China?s consumer revolution is focusing interest on traditional and
historical Western products. Leica RF camera has becomes a hot topic in
China today. In January and February 2010, I visited my hometown
Beijing. I met with the Board of Beijing World Art Museum (BWAM) to
discuss promoting Leica in china. Together with the BWAM we planned an
exhibition to display the history of Leica cameras and photography from
the Barnack UR beginnings to the present day. BWAM will hold an
exhibition ?Leica Insight? from 09/26/2010 to 10/07/2010. I am the
consultant of this exhibition responsible for international relations
and content.

The exhibition will consist of:

Exhibition of several hundred Leica RF cameras, lenses and accessories
from its inception until today; a selection of photographs from Leica
photographers (both amateurs and professionals), Totaling about 300-400
photographs

BWAM will publish two books, one about Leica RF equipment and one all
photographs in this exhibit in Chinese.

There will be an international Leica forum held during the exhibition.
As the consultant of this exhibition, I hope to get Rangefinder Forum
assistance/support on this program:

To encourage Forum members to submit Leica RF photographs for this
exhibition.
There is no limit for size, could be in paper print out or digital
format in CD via mail. Any interested member could submit photographs to
my address in the US attention to me or BWAM address in Beijing in the
bottom of this letter attention to Mr. Jia-Hui Zhu from now until July
15, 2010. The photographer should give copyrights for the exhibition and
the accompanying book (the book will be published in Chinese for china
sale only). Selected photographers will receive a copy of the exhibition
photographic monograph. Additional requirements, such as loan,
conditions for exhibition and book use should be noted in the
photographic package. Members submit photographs should indicate name,
address, equipment used, and e-mail address.
The Executive Vice President of BWAM, Mr. Jia-hui Zhu and I plan to
visit Leica Solms in May or June 2010. We will meet with Leica
executives and relevant management staff to coordinate Leica corporate
support. Mr. Zhu also contacted Germany Embassy Cultural Attach? to
coordinate this exhibition, and series co-ordinations with other
relevant organizations.
BWAM welcomes interested Forum members to attend. Interested members may
contact me. BWAM will assist and provide the following:
To hold a banquet in Beijing for coming members free of charge.
To provide free guide tour in Beijing to places such as the Great Wall,
Ming Tomb, Summer Palace, Forbidden City, etc. free of charge;
To book discounted accommodations based on the requirement of the member;
To coordinate personalized itinerary for travel outside of Beijing.
The booking time frame is from now on to July 31, 2010 via e-mail to
*wye7 at yahoo.com*.
We will offer above to up to 80 members, based on first come first serve
basis.

We welcome the Rangefinder Forum and any RFF member to give us support
or further advice in any format.

Sincerely,
Youxin Ye

Consultant, ?Leica Insight? Exhibition of Beijing World Art Museum

Link of Beijing World Art Museum and the exhibition holding company:

http://www.gehua.com/intro/index.shtml

http://www.worldartmuseum.cn/sjthome/index.shtml

Computer renderings of exhibit hall: