Subject: [Leica] M9 Scam
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 19:19:14 -0400

LUG:

There was a new, in box, gray M9 with warranty for sale in Charlotte on
Craig's List for $4400.  Sounded too good to be true so I e-mailed and
identified myself as a Leica owner who wanted to come and see the camera
before purchasing it.  I sent three e-mails that were never answered.  I got
my husband to send one from his e-mail account just asking if the camera was
still for sale.  He got this answer:

"It's still for sale but before i start answering your questions, i`ll have
to let you know that i left town a few days ago because i have to help my
daughter organize her wedding, and i may stay here a while, but this is no
problem because i`ll sell it through Co-Op services. I guess you used Co-Op
before, if you didn`t let me know because i met people that never used it
and i will explain how it works in detail. I want to sell it now because i
need the money for my daughters wedding so if you are interested in buying
it now let me know. Also let me know if you have other questions. Thank you
Sarah"

Does that sound fishy or what!  I'm sure it's some kind of scam but Tom
e-mailed back asking how Co-Op works.  Has anybody heard of Co-Op?  I
Googled it but didn't find anything.

Tina

--
Tina Manley, ASMP