Subject: [Leica] IMG: Yellow Butterfly Replacement
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 23:37:28 -0400

Your right its the black borders which had everybody even I feel the Magnum
guys all uppity about the sanctity of their original visions in the 90's and
before. They just wanted to keep their black borders which they'd loose with
any cropping in the darkroom. Their images were cropped later anyway by
photo editors down the line.
The point I'm making is a reluctance to show a print which is cropped from a
smaller image circle at a larger size perhaps....
Another way it put it is if a guy is shooting full frame he can crop like
crazy and still fill the screen with the picture.
This is why its good to have as large a format to work with as is practical.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com