Subject: [Leica] Darkroom Fume...
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:14:52 -0700

I have to say, I haven't have this much fun printing in YEARS.

Remember your first darkroom prints, the magic showing up on the paper? The
fiber paper look? All shiny gray? That is magic.

Then months later, you realized you have to learn dodge and burn, and all
those (literally) hand waving?

Well, I never got beyond the basics in that stage. It's still magical to see
the prints coming out, but I know I am not doing the prints justice with my
lack of skills.

Then inkjet printers got really good, like really really good.

Since I sit in front of the computer all days, taking some times to learn
digital darkroom is no big deal.

But the prints lack... something.

A Silver Gelatin Print Is A Beauty To Behold. Onward!
--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// icc blog: <http://imagecraft.wordpress.com>

Replies: Reply from tcharara at mac.com (Tarek Charara) ([Leica] Darkroom Fume...)