Subject: [Leica] DMR Battery Information
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (James R. Nelon)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:46:10 -0400

I want to share some information with the LUG about DMR batteries. I've got
four DMR batteries, two of which are showing signs of fatigue. I had an
interesting conversation with Michael Bass about rebuilding the batteries
with fresh cells. One of the DMR batteries reads half full after a full
fresh charge. Using that battery, I squeezed off over four hundred (nearly)
continuous shots before the battery expired. Yet in the field the battery
dies within an hour or so of shooting polo a couple of Sunday's ago. And I
don't chimp. That tells me that the main battery drain using an R8/DMR
combination is not so much the shutter power requirements as it is the "just
being on" requirements. I'm going to send the battery to Michael to have him
replace the cells. But I'd like any other insights anyone has as to why the
freshly charged battery shows a half charge, yet it can provide over 400
quick shots yet die in the field in less than an hour.

Jim Nelon

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] DMR Battery Information)
Reply from gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton) ([Leica] DMR Battery Information)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] DMR Battery Information)