Subject: [Leica] DMR Fiasco
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:17:18 +0200

Tom,

FD to EF?

An adapter - yes - but only for longer focal lengths,
and it worked like a magnifier/extender, too.

If you can even find one today, it will cost you an arm
and a leg - it's cheaper to buy about ten A1 bodies and
hope to find one without the shutter squeal :-)

The ones available today from other manufacturers (with
a single lens element) are really nothing to write home
about, you have to stop down to at least f4 to get
half-ways decent results and you get the multiplication
factor from the adapter AND the crop factor from the
DSLR on top.

Cheers
Douglas

PS: I found one in mint condition at a flea market in
Berlin last week, with a 50/1.4 SSC, a 70-210/4 zoom
and a 28/2.8, a winder and an original Canon M42 to FD
adapter, fully boxed, with all papers and a leather
case for 150 euros - complete with a new battery for
about 10 euros that the guy put in to prove it was
working - I was so surprised at the price that I didn't
even think of saying  "I'll do you a favour and take it
off your hands for 120!" ;-)

Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] DMR Fiasco)
Message from leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug) ([Leica] DMR Fiasco)
Message from tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] DMR Fiasco)