Subject: [Leica] First outing with new M9—pictures and request for advice
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:08:35 +1030

>Why is the color balance so different in two different pictures of the same
>subject taken moments apart, the only difference being that I moved a
>couple of feet back for one of them? These are the two titled 'leaves
>warmer' and 'leaves cooler'. The WB is auto in both.

In my experience Leica's auto white balance is both not great and
fairly variable.  This kind of thing happens with my M8 and both the
M9s I have used extensively.  Shoot raw and adjust on a calibrated
screen

> ? ? ? ?Why are there so many dirt shadows on this brand-new sensor? See
> the pictures with lots of sky. The camera had a lens on within moments of
> having the body cap removed. This is really annoying in a camera right out
> of the box. Anyone have a similar experience? Suggestions for sensor
> cleaning?

Every digital camera I have ever bought had a dirty sensor the first
time I checked.  Arctic Butterfly + appropriately sized VisibleDust
swabs work well for me.

Marty