Subject: [Leica] IMG:Country Ride
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 21:45:53 -0500 (CDT)

I finally got out into the countryside on my motorcycle.  There is a
Carmelite shrine known as Holy Hill built on the highest point in
southeastern Wisconsin, in an area called the kettle moraine, and it's
surrounded by twisty roads.  Many are part of the state Rustic Road system,
which designates picturesque lanes and prevents them from being spoiled by
development.  These low-speed roads are just great for motorcycling.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Motorcycles/Country+Ride/CountryRideHolyHill_489_AMR.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Motorcycles/Country+Ride/CountryRideHolyHillHawk_490_AMR.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Motorcycles/Country+Ride/CountryRideHogbackRoad_473_AMR.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Motorcycles/Country+Ride/CountryRideHogbackRoad_480_AMR.jpg.html>

The center of quarter-mile Hogback Road has drop-offs on both sides:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Motorcycles/Country+Ride/CountryRideHogbackRoad_483_AMR.jpg.html>

And I always have to go to Plat Road, which curls through a grove of maple
trees:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Motorcycles/Country+Ride/CountryRidePlatRoad_493_AMR.jpg.html>

On the main highway is this display:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Motorcycles/Country+Ride/CountryRideCycles_462_AMR.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Motorcycles/Country+Ride/CountryRideCycles_468_AMR.jpg.html>

Not as good as George's pictures.  I was hoping for an overcast day to fit
the mood of the subject, but got hazy sun.
Since I don't get out this way much, I thought I'd use up some of my last
rolls of Kodachrome here, so I also took KM25 slides with my Retina IIa, 3D
on KR64 with my Stereo-Realist, and a roll of B&W in my M2 + 28mm f/3.5
Nikkor LTM.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee