Subject: [Leica] 6bit coding
From: s.yoder at verizon.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:43:51 -0400

  On 10/19/10 8:35 PM, lug-request at leica-users.org wrote:
>> 1) where is the best place to get the lenses coded?  I know some
>> >  will say Leica, anywhere else who is quick, reliable, and
>> >  reasonable?  I really do not want a 2 or three week turnaround.
> I know of nobody but Leica for the o-fficial coded Leica mounts.
> Maybe someone else knows better.  Does John Milich do screw-on
> replacement mounts in addition to LTM-to-M adapters?  Actually, that's
> tickling a neuron - can you send your kens's bayonet to him for
> machining?  Someone will chime in.

Take a look at eBay 320557104791. The seller offers M DIY replacement
rings that have the 6bit. They're filled in with white, so just add
black to the appropriate bits. They're for the 28-90 framelines, but a
little Dremel work will convert them to either of the other frameline
pairs. Seller also offers LTM - M adapters with 6bit. Modest prices.
USA-based.

I'm using four of the M-lens rings and they work fine.

Stan Yoder