Subject: [Leica] Well I went and did it
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 07:29:41 -0400

Nope. If I looked like a rich guy, I wouldn't carry a Leica around
southwest Philadelphia. Nobody pays attention to the marque, nobody
besides a photographer knows what a Leica is. Usually it's hipster art
students that know what it is. The folks on the subway & the trolley
have no clue. Most think my M8 is a film camera. They don't pay
attention to it at all, in fact out here they pay attention to a cell
phone more than a camera. A DSLR of any size or cost will get much more
attention than a $7000 Leica.

This is because water seeks its own level and within a community of
photographers who use any type of gear, most of them know what a Leica
is or at least have heard of the brand name. There are some real
serious money-making photographers out there that don't know & don't
care because it's not the tool they use.

Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Well I went and did it)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Well I went and did it)