Subject: [Leica] Early trauma NOW Edixa
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 19:49:10 -0700

Talk about a BLAST FROM THE PAST.    I had an Edixamat Reflex, I think the C
model because it had an uncoupled meter.  It was a great camera and took
great photos.  My uncle had a Spotmatic II at the time and we could trade
lenses.  I loaned it to a friend for his trip to Germany and he lost it on
the return plane.  I was so sad.  I loved that camera.  I really liked the
pop off prism that I could use to hold the camera overhead or very close to
the ground for shots.  I also liked the front shutter release button, much
more convenient than on top of the camera.  It had a 50/1.8, but I forget
the brand, that was a decent performer.  My uncles camera has the first
Pentax multicoated 50/1.4 and that was a nice lens.   There were lots of
nice screw mount lenses that were pretty darn good for the early 70's.   I
would like to find another one just for old time sakes.