Subject: [Leica] Nikon or Canon Full Frame; All Good (Older User's Perspective)
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:59:08 -0700
References: <11359F3F-0988-4897-AA91-F8BF81ADE0C4@comcast.net> <7FDD9A84-EB1A-4518-89AB-F55957171AB7@charter.net> <1C5C3CAA-6F2B-4C72-AED0-A5C2569A6586@comcast.net> <B3BA68A3-D55B-434A-B23A-8BDA8EA6D618@charter.net> <A5846CE6-5B27-450A-AC1C-4BDAA8C31214@comcast.net> <5B34B6AC-B908-4695-9940-585A40140404@charter.net> <93EF0D06-B2F6-485C-9348-B1A68CFC060D@comcast.net> <DD2E0EE6-DE1F-426F-B008-B178F6F0090D@charter.net>

Slobo:

Maybe your dealer will let you shoot with the the latest 24-105 USM.  It's
the "kit" lens Canon packages with the 5D Mk II if one so opts.  The f2.8 of
course shoots a bit faster but costs more and has somewhat less range.  And
of course costs more.

There is a wealth of photos on numerous Canon-oriented websites that will
give you a very complete idea of what the 24-105 can do.  For now, after
roughly 250 shots, I'm quite satisfied.

I seem to recall seeing some used for sale (the new version), as well.

OK, so it's not the L Vario 28-90 Asph, but it has shown me some really nice
stuff that enlarged very nicely.

I gotta be real about this.   I don't do technical journal photography or
color separation stuff.  I just shoot, study the images, edit, delete, print
for effect and put the rest into Aperture to play with later.

For now, I'm satisfied.

Regards,

Bob

Bob Shaw