Subject: [Leica] D700
From: digiratidoc at gmail.com (James Laird)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:58:59 -0500

Gene,

Then they didn't have a 900. Look for one. It's built like a tank,
with magnesium alloy body and rubber weather seals and gaskets, unlike
most of the others in the alpha series. A little noisy, but no worse
than a D300. And you can use R glass with an adapter, I used my old
400 5.6 on it's shoulder stock today, and of course there's the Zeiss
glass if you can afford it. A little noisy (photo-wise) at higher
ISOs, but the noise is more like film grain, not objectionable at all
to me. The kicker for me, besides the wonderful finder and the
resolution, was always having IS, built in, which was extremely
helpful with the 400. Imagine a circa 1968 Leica Telyt with IS. (As
you can tell I really love this camera.) ;-)

Jim Laird