Subject: [Leica] DMR Settings
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:51:28 -0500

The sensor is mounted on a swinging "back" which replaces the "film pressure
plate back."

The removable base contains the bulk of the electronics and a motor;
replacing the original "base plate" "motor winder" or "motor."

It is justifiably called a removable back because in a matter of seconds
the DMR digital back and base can be removed
allowing the user to pop a roll of film into their R8/9.

The "DMR digital back" is NOT a camera.
It must be mounted to a camera (specifically an R8/9 camera);
just like every other "digital back"
which contains a sensor, electronic
and mechanical linkage components.

Regards,