Subject: [Leica] for nikon and/or macro enthusiasts
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:06:21 -0500

ran across this
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-Ultra-Micro-Nikkor-Camera-Lens-28-1-1-8-/260681209445?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item3cb1cf9665#ht_1953wt_1141>

tried to track down some info on it
and found this:

28 mm f/1.8
Ultra-Micro-Nikkor      5       Originating from a series of industrial
lenses optimised for extreme sharpness (up to 1.200 lines/mm resolution!),
this Ultra-Micro lens certainly delivers the goods. It is designed with an
image circle of just 8 mm and optimised for 1:10 magnification, so the best
way to employ it for macrophotography is reversing it on a medium- to
large-format camera. At 10:1 (10X magnification) it then will give
frame-filling shots for the 6x9 cm format with incredible and stunning image
detail. I mostly use it on my 1955-vintage Linhof Technika field camera for
extreme macro work. Optimum apertures are f/2-f/5.6.
(from here: <http://www.naturfotograf.com/lens_spec.html>

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com