Subject: [Leica] R Mid-Range Zooms Charlie Chan
From: topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (Charlie Chan)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 07:18:42 +0100

Ted,

Not sure I do. I've not handled or used one of the older 35-70/3.5 designs
that were produced in co-operation with Minolta. It's funny though how many
people have berated the earlier Leica zooms eg the 35-70s and 28-70s. Sure
they aren't as good as Leica primes, but what zoom is? The 70-180 APO
possibly. But very few end users eg picture editors, print buyers etc care
whether the image was shot with a  zoom or a prime. If the image is good
enough, then the hardware used does not matter.

Best wishes,

Charlie Chan
Cheltenham, UK

topoxforddoc at btinternet.com