Subject: [Leica] Plenoptic lens work, Photoshop and the future of focus
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:48:38 -0500

Give it a couple of more years, Mark, and it will be an implant.  Maybe
a USB port in your neck, though I'm confident my grandkids will say, do
you remember the time when grandpa had to have a separate device of some
kind to send us photos?

Ken
(working with a new outfit, the Panasonic DMC GF-1 with a 20mm lens and
a 14-45 zoom.  The 20mm is great, the 14-45 just fine for most things.
It all fits in a little tiny pouch and takes about the equivalent of an
unlimited number or film pics in raw.  For when I don't want or can't
tote the big Canon SLR gear.)