Subject: [Leica] IMG: Flair - Edit for Ted + thanks all
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:20:49 -0700

> I think this is what Ted had in mind.
> And was in the file ;-)
> No hard feelings here.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Barcelona+2009_001/Flair-To+Ted-1020246.jpg.html
>
> > This edit is just full auto in LR with a slight touch of contrast added
> > and a click on clarity - as when using a more contrasty paper in the
> > darkroom.
>
> > A very different snap for sure ;-)
> The lens performed as it should, I think.
> But both flare and  "flair" are lost.<<<<<

MANIFICENT MON AMI Philippe! TRES BON, TRES BON! WONDERFUL! WONDERFUL! :-)

Exactly how I would expect this photograph to look as it works beautifully
with the magical back lighting! And the shadows have enough light to
slightly fill them and keep them open and in balance with the highlight
sparkling! As some have pointed out the one Mademoiselle with quite distinct
backlit hair now works without any fiddling.

Merci for reposting as I belive this creates a more powerful photograph.
Then as I have been told on occaison... "I'm wrong!" ;-)
Amities,
ted

Message from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr) ([Leica] IMG: Flair - Edit for Ted + thanks all)