Subject: [Leica] 35 Summilux question
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:37:11 -0400

But the pre-Aspherical Summilux is one of Leicas longest lived designs,
being produced for a full 28 years before re-computation and 2 years
after that. I think only the 50 Summicron has lived that long without a
redesign. There is no shortage of pre-ASPH 'Lux 35mm lenses. The very
first 35 'Lux is a collector's lens but that's a different story. The
real problem are the collectors and resellers who are buying them up
and artificially inflating the price through market attrition. It's
ridiculous. I'd love to start a populist movement where we squeeze
those resellers with our wallets so they lower prices to something
reasonable. A used lens should never approach the cost of the new
version.

Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 35 Summilux question)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] 35 Summilux question)