Subject: [Leica] IMG: Roofers at 2500 ISO
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 20:30:42 -0700

Henning my dear friend, now you know me and all this techie stuff matters
little on my grey matter, as little as there is! :-)

So what happens if I just turn the camera on, considering I do not require
the light balance for a New York advertising corporation where a pound of
butter must look like what most people think a pound of butter looks like.
:-) Trust me the colours vary more than the stars in the heavens'!

As the light balance must be perfect. Well that is for the guy paying the
invoice! :-)

Let's say I turn it on, an M8 for example, go click as the camera selects
the exposure and it looks like a smashing good photograph as far as I can
see. Is it really worth knowing all this stuff you lads are talking about
for a better looking photograph? No I'm not trying to be a sh--t disturber,
as I know some folks on list get  a real high with all this techie stuff.
But my curiosity got the better of me and  I wonder if I'm missing better
picture moments because I don't understand all this stuff?

 ERGO? My pictures aren't as good as they  could be if I did?

When I'm shooting I'm only looking at the Light, action of the moment and
the content! And if I've set the ASA correctly and capture the moment at the
perfect timing, should I be concerned in not having a clue in what you
fellows are talking about in capturing a photo moment?

cheers,
ted

Message from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] IMG: Roofers at 2500 ISO)
Message from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] IMG: Roofers at 2500 ISO)