Subject: [Leica] IMG: Fruit on Cleveland Pear
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:06:04 -0500

I know that there are a number of list members who dabble in gardening, etc.
 This image shows clusters of small fruit, growing on a Cleveland Pear tree,
purchased several years ago at Lowe's Gardening Center.  This tree is
supposed to be similar to the more common Bradford Pear.

Is it common for these decorative trees to bear such fruit?  I thought they
were cultivated so as not to produce fruit.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Fruit+on+Cleveland+Pear.jpg.html

Any information will be very much appreciated.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Fruit on Cleveland Pear)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Edible mushrooms?)