Subject: [Leica] Am I being stupid? (R content)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:38:04 -0500

As an R8 user (own two - loved them from the beginning)
I certainly don't consider it "stupid."

I owned two R3MOT bodies before the R8's.
I do not recommend them - I never warmed up to them - but loved the glass.

Most certainly not stupid if you intend to shoot film for the foreseeable
future.

If you're looking to go digital within the next year or even two
you may be better off investing in glass which will allow an easy path to
that end.
In my opinion there is not now (and may never be) a viable path to digital
with R glass
(beyond finding a DMR - which I also have and love).

While I never owned one I've been told by owners that the R6.2
qualifies as the best SLR ever built (so say SL owners).

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com