Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Some fine social documentary work
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:02:10 +1030

I really like a lot of these.  Some look like they need spotting,
which detracts from the clarity fo their message.  Looking at them is
weird for me; I guess they were shot of film?  That seems strange in
itself.

This could be the River Murray, The Aral Sea or any number of other
places; Slobodan wrote that the tone is a bit heavy on the apocalypitc
tone, but if you've seen the end result of this kind of over-use
you'll see that the article is just factual, in fact some of the
commentary is quite understated.  These kinds of conflicts will only
increase going into this century.  We have good science to tell us how
to manage things, but you need the socially driven choices to make the
management outcomes happen.  In an economic system based on growth
it's unlikely to happen.

Marty