Subject: [Leica] OUR OWN
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:25:27 -0800

Craig offered:
>>ps...Best advice of the night--in a brief lull in the action, Elliott
>>leans over to me and says, "Always sign books--that way they can't return
>>them." Love it!:) <<

Hi Craig,
Thank you for that one and thank you Elliot. I've never heard that one
before and will start using it each time I sell any of my books from now on.
Although it's done when people purchase directly from me in any event.

Another thing for your next book. If possible, have 250 or 500 copies made
with a special "Hand bound leather cover." This block of books are sold as
special editions signed and NUMBERED!"  Big difference in sales and price.

On my first medical book the publisher had 500 copies produced in this
fashion. And given it's considered a classic B&W book to start with coffee
table size 14.5" X 14.5" they sold for $250.00 and sold out immediately.

As they are no longer in print their value has increased.  I saw one for
sale at $325.00 not too long ago on the internet. So that's another idea for
the next one. So why are you sitting there still? ;-) Move your butt! :-)

cheers,
ted