Subject: [Leica] IMG: A couple of bucks
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:03:16 -0500

Our recent very heavy acorn fall has attracted deer and other woodland
creatures to the free lunch. One 8 point buck has posted our yard as his
private property.  While he apparently welcomes any does, he chases away
would be rival males.

Here is the 8 point buck.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Deer+1.jpg.html

The buck patrols the yard and patio, chasing away all potential rivals. So
far he hasn't taken any aggressive action toward us.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Deer+2_001.jpg.html

He did chase a rival smaller buck away. I was not quick enough to catch the
actual confrontation but I did get the retreat.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Deer+3.jpg.html

An informal portrait.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Deer+4_002.jpg.html

This lovely senorita is welcome.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Deer+5_001.JPG.html

When the hunting season starts in a few weeks, all will vanish into the deep
woods until spring.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: A couple of bucks)
Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] IMG: A couple of bucks)