Subject: [Leica] DIY test, M8 & 5Dii––for what it's worth ;-) - Now with URL!
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:10:18 +0900

After reading the test today on Luminous Landscape, I felt the urge to
test my 5Dii and my M8 with Teddy and an apple.  I moved back from
35mm to test the 50mm, and moved back a bit more to test the 85mm. It
was after work, and I drank a few delicious Bowmore single malts along
the way, so I deleted a couple of candidate shots, but here you go.
The M8 was set to ISO 640 and the 5Dii to the equivalent (ISO 800).
Lighting was flourescent and dim.   M8 shots got Lightroom 'portrait'
sharpening' and the 5Dii shots got 'landscape' sharpening.  Tops and
bottoms were cropped to give a square.

To my eyes, the 35 Cron Asph and the 85 1.2 came out equal tops, with
qualities of the others appreciated.  What do you think?  I also
confirmed that I really need to get my 35 Nokton's front focus shift
fixed, as it is frustrating, but I have no idea where.  Stephen Gandy
and Robert White's in London could not advise anyone.  For the Nokton,
I focused, and then twinked the focus a little further.  The CV Nokt @
1.2 and the Pentax @ 1.2 were unusable, I think because I was tipsy by
then.  So I didn't post them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/sets/72157625292297097/

All comments will be pondered gratefully!

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] DIY test, M8 & 5Dii––for what it's worth ;-) - Now with URL!)