Subject: [Leica] DIY test, M8 & 5Dii––for what it's worth ;-) - Now with URL!
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:50:48 +0900

Thanks for the reply, George!

I did get the Gitzo out, but then reflected that with fast lenses and
small cameras I almost never use a tripod anyway, so chose not to lock
the camera down.  I hoped to determine how each lens performed
  in terms of colour, contrast, handheld movement (tripod use would
not have indicated anything useful here), focused area and background
rendering, light fall-off and so on.

I think these shots show do indicate colour, contrast, handheld
usability in low light, and rendering and I posted them for that
reason, although I did expect some to respond that there would be too
many variables without a tripod.  Anyway, because I only use my tripod
for my Tachihara and MF cameras, I chose not to use it, as it would
likely skew the results in favour of the longer lenses in a way which
would not be repeatable in my usual Leica & Canon (handheld) situations.

All the best,

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] DIY test, M8 & 5Dii––for what it's worth ;-) - Now with URL!)