Subject: [Leica] Advice on a 17" printer
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:08:24 +1030

Exactly.  I have an exact price per size, averaged over thousands of
prints.  The inkjey prints are WAY more (like 3-4 times) expensive per
print than silver B&W prints.  I haven't done enough colour printing
myself recently enough to know how it compares, but my guess is that
inkjet would be cheaper and certainly quicker and, of course, better.
Digital frees us from the nasty chemical ties of hue and saturation
for all printing methods except dye transfer.  And I'm not THAT crazy.

This is all Australian prices too, which are vastly higher than US
prices, even now that the currencies are at parity, or thereabouts.

Marty