Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 00:41:55 +0900

At home, I use a MacBook Pro, OS 10.5.8, 2.33 GHz Dual Core Duo, with
2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.  When I edit photos in Lightroom it becomes
frustratingly slow these days.  Is there anything I can do to get it
over those speed bumps faster?  I heard I can give it 3 GB of RAM
instead of 2, but that might not help any, because this Mac is said to
work better with equal sized RAM chips.  Any suggestions, or is it
time to buy a new Mac?  I was hoping this one would last me longer.

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)
Reply from daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)
Reply from mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)