Subject: [Leica] IMG: Belated Terrible Thursday Thanksgiving pics
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 01:38:06 -0500

Living in the Hudson Valley is a mixed blessing. True, the scenery is
beautiful and you are only a few hours away from New York City but the
Adirondack foothills on either side of the valley channel the weather into
unpredictable and often extreme patterns. Just after posting this pics of a
Thanksgiving dinner, but before I could send a note to the LUG, a strong
storm with 50 mph winds (80 kph) knocked down a very large tree at the end
of our lane. The tree fell across the service wires and took out the
electrical, phone. internet and TV feeds.  It also blocked the road so we
couldn't drive out. The temperature dropped to below freezing. Service was
restored this evening, three days later. In the meantime we experienced the
pleasures of the outdoors in our house, cooking on a butane camp stove,
huddling around the wood burning fireplace and reading with the aid of
kerosene lamps.

My grand daughter carves her first turkey while her parents look on
anxiously.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Zenia+carves+a+turkey.JPG.html

The stuffing in preparation.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Turkey+stuffing.JPG.html

My dinner plate.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/My+dinner+plate.JPG.html

My son-in-laws wine selection made everything tastier.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Wine.JPG.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Belated Terrible Thursday Thanksgiving pics)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Belated Terrible Thursday Thanksgiving pics)