Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 13:52:33 -0500

In general even a FW800 drive is going to be quite slow compared to an
SATA/eSATA connected drive which transfers data about 3x faster.

For the 17" i7, which I believe, has the ExpressCard slot, get a eSATA
ExpressCard adapter and connect your external eSATA drive to that. I think
you will find any application which has to run off external drives will run
much faster.

What would be ever better is to have your laptop modified by taking out the
DVD drive and replacing it with another HDD but that requires sending the
laptop to a bunch of strangers to butcher. :-)

I really, really wish that Apple had kept the ExpressCard slot for the 15"
MacBook Pro which I have. :-((

/sc

PS. Add another 4 GB of memory will also do wonders for performance of
memory intensive applications.

Replies: Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)
Message from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...)