Subject: [Leica] IMG: More from Tzfat
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 00:03:57 -0800

Since you didn't see painter and photographer Alon's full face in the
B&W in my previous post, here he is:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007527.jpg.html>

Here's the picture of me Alon took with my M8. Usually when I ask
someone else to take a photo of me, I have to focus on him or her, give
them the camera, and then stand exactly in the same place. Alon hadn't
used an RF before, but he was a natural. I showed him how to focus it by
holding up a finger and telling him to move the focus lever until the
two fingers he saw merged into one. He said, "I get it,"  and indeed, he
had. I've almost never had that happen before,
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007547.jpg.html>

Katya and I were walking down some streets not frequented by tourists,
and this gentleman spotted my camera. He practically jumped in front of
me and struck a pose, clearly wanting me to take his picture.  So I did.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007535.jpg.html>

Building on the outskirts of the old city.  Bullet holes are from the
1948 Israeli War of Independence.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007503.jpg.html>

Study in yellow:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007554.jpg.html>

Painter working:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007553.jpg.html>

Many doors and trim are painted blue to remind one of heaven:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007537.jpg.html>

If you're interested in old synagogue interiors, take a look at these:
Overview:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007534.jpg.html>
Details:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007529.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007531.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007532.jpg.html>

The black mark at lower left was made by a piece of shrapnel that hit
the pulpit in 1948, while the rabbi was in it conducting services. No
one was hurt, the locals call it a miracle.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/israel/BusTzfat/L1007528.jpg.html>

--Peter

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] IMG: More from Tzfat)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: More from Tzfat)